Vocal Audition Song Additions. Find Your Perfect Audition Piece Today!
By popular demand, we’re back with even more song suggestions for your next stage or show vocal audition. Finding the perfect vocal audition song can be a challenge, to say the least. Musicnotes is here to help with the best array of officially licensed, professional vocal audition sheet music, all ready to download and start practicing immediately!
There are many reasons Musicnotes digital sheet music takes the lead when choosing a new vocal audition piece. First, it’s easily transportable. No matter where you go, so long as you have an internet connection, you’ll be able to access the audition sheet music you need. (Goodbye nightmares about forgetting your accompanist copy!)
Musicnotes digital sheet music also is clearly laid out, easy to read, and, using our free interactive apps, you’re able to instantly transpose and mark up your pieces right on your iPad, tablet or phone. Additionally, rather than buying book after book to use just one or two songs from each, you can save money by purchasing and downloading only the audition sheet music you want and will actually use, and you can print it out right at home or school.
Which leads us to perhaps the most important reason to trust Musicnotes with your audition sheet music needs: the selection. The Musicnotes catalogue is the most comprehensive you’ll find anywhere, spanning every era of musical theatre, the latest pop hits, and every standard you’ll ever want or need to sing. Often, you’ll find vocal sheet music available at Musicnotes.com long before it’s available in print, and we also have audition hidden gems (the songs that will help you stand out from the audition pack) that are either no longer in print production or that are incredibly difficult to find.
Case-in-point: our huge selection of 16-bar vocal excerpts, specially arranged for 60-second musical auditions. You’ll find excerpts from every major Broadway show, as well as from new, off-Broadway and lesser-known books like Jason Robert Brown’s ‘The Last Five Years,’ Andrew Lippa’s ‘The Wild Party‘ and the 1960s Victorian spoof ‘Drat! The Cat!.’
Browse and preview all downloadable 16-bar vocal excerpts now.
We’ve also put together some carefully curated suggestions for both female and male vocal leads below. If you don’t find the right piece in the list, please also see our “40 NEW Audition Songs for the Stage” article as well as our popular “40+ Songs for Stage and Show Auditions” blog post.
Recently Added Vocal Audition Songs for Female Leads
- I Could Be Jewish for You by Nikko Benson (see video)
- Cute Boys with Short Haircuts from ‘Vanities’ (see video)
- Another Life from ‘The Bridges of Madison County’ (see video)
- Dead Girl Walking from ‘Heathers: The Musical’ (see video)
- Fly Into the Future from ‘Vanities’ (see video)
- Brand New You from ’13: The Musical’ (see video)
- And I’m Telling You I’m Not Going from ‘Dreamgirls’ (see video)
- Easy as Life from ‘Aida’ (see video)
- Watch Me Soar by Scott Alan (see video)
- He Wasn’t You from ‘Hope’ (see video)
Recently Added Vocal Audition Songs for Male Leads
- Proud of Your Boy (excerpt) from ‘Aladdin’ (see video)
- It All Fades Away from ‘The Bridges of Madison County’ (see video)
- Freeze Your Brain from ‘Heathers: The Musical’ (see video)
- You Don’t Need to Love Me from ‘If/Then’ (see video)
- Fight the Dragons from ‘Big Fish: The Musical’ (see video)
- C Major by Adam Gwon (see video)
Do you have a big audition coming up? Any suggestions for your fellow vocalists? Share you expertise in the comments section below!