Musicnotes.com Posts Nearly 80% Market Share Moving Into Fall Selling Season
Madison, WI - September 9, 2008 - Musicnotes announced today that, according to HitWise, Musicnotes.com currently holds nearly 80% of the U.S. market for downloadable sheet music* and is approximately ten times the size of its nearest competitor.
Unique visitors to www.musicnotes.com are approaching 100,000 daily, and traffic to the site is expected to exceed that mark during the seasonally strong fourth quarter. Measured on a monthly basis, unique visitors currently approximate 2.0 million and should approach 2.5 million by year-end.
Looking at other key statistics:
"While we are proud of the loyal customer base we have built over the years, one of our biggest concerns moving forward is the proliferation of illegal sheet music web sites and file sharing networks," said Kathleen Marsh, Musicnotes CEO. "There are several sites that give away complete arrangements of copyrighted music for free as downloadable PDFs or other image scans. Musicnotes continues to work with industry organizations, publishers and songwriters to address this growing problem."
- Year-to-date digital sales growth remains at 30%
- International sales now exceed 20% of sales
- Total royalties paid to publishers and songwriters is nearing $10 million
- Total customers are approaching the 1.5 million mark
- Available downloads are approaching 90,000 unique selections
- ales to customers utilizing Macs are approaching 15% of digital sales; Musicnotes expects this percentage to move higher when its popular Guitar Guru product is available on the Mac platform in the fourth quarter
* Web sites included in this digital sheet music market share analysis include: Musicnotes.com, Sheetmusicdirect.us, Freehandmusic.com, Praisecharts.com, Sheetmusicscore.com, Digitalmusicnotebook.com, GuitarInstructor.com and Sheetmusicdigital.com.
About Musicnotes: Musicnotes, Inc. offers an online catalog of almost 90,000 digital sheet music titles, built on the strength of content agreements with Alfred Publishing, EMI Music Publishing, Faber Music Ltd, Sony/ATV Publishing, BMG/Universal, Disney Music Publishing, peermusic, Word Music, EMI Christian, Bug Music and many others. Musicnotes was also recently selected as one of the Top 500 Online Retailers by Internet Retailer Magazine.
# # #
back to press.
Director of Marketing: Musicnotes, Inc.
email@example.com or 608-662-3660