Calling all music-loving students!
Can you creatively tell our friends at the Music Publishers Association why copyright is important? If so, you could win up to $5,000!*
The National Music Council and the Music Publishers Association are looking for students to creatively present their viewpoints, in video format, on ‘The Importance of Intellectual Property and Copyright Law.’ Submissions are due by the end of May, and the top prize is $5,000.
Here are some questions you might want to think about when making your submission:
- Who does copyright protect?
- Why is it important to protect intellectual property?
- What would the world be like if there were no protections for intellectual property?
- Why do you think people ignore copyright laws?
- What can other students learn from watching your video?
Need some inspiration? Watch all the previous winners on the MPAofUSA YouTube channel.
*This contest is open to U.S. students currently enrolled in an accredited secondary school or post-secondary institution. Please read the complete rules at www.mpa.org. Questions regarding the scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org