Are you starting out your piano journey and looking for the right music to play? You’re in luck! We’ve compiled a list of twenty pieces that are perfect for those who are just starting to learn how to play the piano.
When you’re first getting started on the piano, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed looking for sheet music at your level. A lot of common music that you might be excited to play probably feels really intimidating either because it’s really long, has tons of big chords, or a bunch of sharps or flats.
However, playing fun & interesting music isn’t out of reach! To help you out, we’ve hand-picked 20 songs that are great for beginners.
Before we list out those pieces, here are the things we were looking for to find just the right music for you:
- No difficult key signatures – mostly white keys (with an occasional sharp or flat)
- No huge chords
- Simple rhythms
- Familiar, recognizable tunes
- Not too long
While these are all considered beginning pieces, you will want to have a foundational understanding of music. Basic note reading skills, an understanding of rhythm, and the ability to move fluidly around the piano keys will help you navigate these pieces on your own.
Key Of C
- “Hallelujah” – Leonard Cohen
- “Star Wars (Main Theme)” – Star Wars
- “Lean on Me” – Bill Withers
- “Lost Boy” – Ruth B
- “Edelweiss” – Richard Rodgers
- “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” – Mary Poppins
- “Colors of the Wind” – Pocahontas
- “Linus and Lucy (Peanuts Theme)” – Vince Guaraldi
- “The Addams Family Theme” – The Addams Family
- “Old Town Road” – Lil Nas X
- “Let It Be” – The Beatles
- “Radioactive” – Imagine Dragons
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen
- “Olympic Fanfare and Theme” – Olympic Games
- “Memory” – Cats
- “My Favorite Things” – The Sound of Music
- “Brave” – Sara Bareilles
- “Best Day of My Life” – American Authors
- “Theme from Jurassic Park” – Jurassic Park
- “Over the Rainbow” – Judy Garland
If you’re a true beginner with no experience, check out Beginning Piano For Adults. It’s an easy way to get started and get acquainted with the piano.